Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Feel Good Book

Today, I had a pretty normal day.  I wasn't feeling sad or happy.  It was just an average day. It so happened that my day was about to change.

I took my Kindergartens to the library so they could exchange their books.  The librarian reads the students a story before they go get their new books.    I knew, even though the students did not, that the librarian had to put down her cat the day before.  I knew she was having a tough day. The book that she chose to read to my class both impressed and amazed me.  She read, The Feel Good Book, by Todd Parr.  This is a children's story that asks the students to think about what makes them feel good.  Even though she was having a rough day she chose to surround herself with ideas that made her happy and shared those ideas with my Kindergartens.

This inspired me to think about the things during my day that make me feel good.  Each day I am going to share what made me feel good that day.  It will hopefully inspire others to feel good and look for the goodness in their day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment